Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I love this man


I have more fun with this guy than anyone else. Just a Costco run (pictured here) or cooking dinner side by side, or a quick walk around the neighborhood is too much fun. I love being married to my best friend. I honestly can't imagine that better husbands exist. I know I don't have the monopoly on awesome husbands and the world would be a terrible place if I got the only good one, but he is pretty dang amazing. I think I make a list of reasons I love him like once a week, and find all different reasons each time than the last.

I love him because I NEVER wonder or worry whether he's telling the truth or hiding something. I love him because he reads to me at night to help me fall asleep. I love him because he senses when I wake up in the middle of the night and then he can't sleep until I fall back asleep. He'll get out a book and a book light and read to me until I'm out again. I love him because he never makes comments about me getting back into shape after the baby is born, and he makes me feel like being pregnant is the most beautiful thing in the world. I love him because he'll make me breakfast, pack my lunch, and take me to work just so I can have a better day - not to mention he goes ahead of me to warm up the car, and always gets my door. I love him because he's skeptical without being cynical. I love him because he's more concerned with doing right than with being right. I love him because he always listens to me, even when I talk too much, over share, and worry. I love him because sometimes I'll be sitting in church and hearing about traits we should develop, and usually I can't help but think of people I know who already have those traits, and more often than not, it's Ryan who pops into my head. I love him because he has amazing self-control. I love him because he loves the gospel. I love him because he informs the baby boy in my belly that if he disrespects women, he will be grounded. I love him because he is sensitive to others and thinks about how his words will affect them. I love him because he is sweet and kind but without being a sissy - he's firm when he needs to be and doesn't let people walk all over him. I love him because no man looks better in a suit.

In summation: I love and adore Ryan Copeland. I can't imagine marriage to anyone else.

1 comment: